The following information is for incoming families to Kensington Hilltop, both entering kindergarten or upper grades. If you do not find the answer to your question here, please call the office at 510-231-1415.

How do I register my child for Kensington Hilltop?

TK (Transitional Kindergarten): We do not offer TK at Kensington school, but for families who wish to enroll their child in Transitional Kindergarten can do so by selecting ‘K’ or ‘Kinder’ in the online application. Harding Elementary is your school of residence for TK. Transitional Kindergarten students must turn 5 between September 2 and December 2, 2022.

Kindergarten: Registration will be all on line this year starting January 18, 2022 – through January 31, 2022. Link to the online registration site will be available on the morning of January 18 on the district website at After filling out the registration packet you will need to upload all required documents (see list below). Please try to scan in document so we can print out clear copies. iPhone users – there is a great free scanning tool on the notes app. Also the Adobe scan app for both Android and iPhone is a good and free app to use. If you are unable to upload the documents, we can arrange for you to drop off the copies at school. With any questions please don’t hesitate to email Barbara at or Pam at

Upper Grade Registration:  Registration for upper grades will be at the same time as Kindergarten registration with the same requirements.

What documents do I need to complete your Registration?

Please have the following documents for registration:

  • Birth certificate or passport
  • Up-to-date immunization record
  • For 1-6 grade, proof of grade (latest report card)

First Proof of residence:

  • A utility bill dated within 45 days: PG&E(page 3), EBMUD, Garbage/Sanitary
  • In the instance that utilities are included in the rent, a rental/lease agreement must be used. (Front page with names, address and agreement, last page with signatures)

In addition you must submit one item from the list below:

  • Homeowner’s insurance policy
  • Rental property contract, Lease agreement
  • Property tax statement
  • Most recent pay stub
  • Voter Registration
  • Automobile insurance in combination with automobile registration
  • Official letter from a social service/government agency
  • Bank statement within 45 days

How old must my child be to enter kindergarten?

New incoming kindergartners need to be 5 years old by September 1, 2022

What happens once I register my child?

If your child is entering kindergarten, s/he will have his or her (online questionnaire) assessment in the spring.

When do I find out who my child’s teacher is?

The Friday before fall term starts, your child’s class list will be posted on the doors to the Multipurpose Room (MPR) adjacent to the playground.