PTA is the largest national advocacy group for children in the United States. At the local, state, and national levels, the PTA promotes and supports legislation to improve the education, health, and welfare of children. The Kensington Hilltop Elementary School PTA is part of this nationwide network of over six million parents and teachers.
The Kensington Hilltop Elementary School PTA Legislative Committee’s primary mission is to keep parents connected to this national effort. We:
- Meet with local and state lawmakers to voice the concerns of our parents and teachers.
- Communicate important news about local and state education funding to parents.
- Promote the “Attend a School Board Meeting” Initiative. The goal is for every parent in the school to attend one School Board meeting each year.
- Organize volunteers for letter-writing campaigns to state legislators and parcel tax campaigns at the district level to ensure adequate funding for school programs and smaller class sizes.
- Sponsor special presentations by local and state education leaders for parents.
- Meet the first Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome!