KEF is run by an all-volunteer board elected by KEF members. The board also includes the principal, a teacher representative, and representatives of the Dads’ Club, the PTA , and the School Site Council.
- President: Bhrett Lash
- Vice President: OPEN
- Secretary: Sarah Chester
- CFO: Markus Mullarkey
- CFO Support: OPEN
- Parent Outreach: Mary Shaughnessy
- Communications Internet: OPEN
- Community Fund Drive: Sylvia Hacaj
- Directory: Mary Shaughnessy
- Fall Pledge: Dennis Hartigan O-Connor
- Garden Party: Amy Mullarkey
- HR Chair: Sholeh Esmaili-Montoya
- HR Support: OPEN
- Spellathon/Readathon: OPEN
- Dads’ Club Liaison: Steven Chan
- PTA Liaison: OPEN
- SSC Liaison: Bill Troxell
- Teachers’ Liaison: Ralph Baum
- Principal: Judy Sanders
- Upper Grade Liaison: Karen Thompson
Attending KEF Board Meetings
Board meetings are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00pm in the staff lounge, and are open to KEF members. While we welcome your attendance we do request advance notice as we sometimes cover confidential employee information. Please contact Bhrett Lash in advance.
Supporting the KEF Board as a KEF Room Parent
The KEF Room Parent acts as a liaison between KEF and the families in the classroom, encouraging participation in KEF’s fundraisers. For more information about the role, visit KEF Room Parent.
Interested in Joining the KEF Board?
Parents at Hilltop School have many talents and skills that contribute to KEF’s success. Prospective candidates need to attend a KEF board meeting prior to the annual election in May. Each Hilltop parent or teacher who has paid KEF membership dues as of the end of April is entitled to one vote. In order to meet the KEF quorum requirement, KEF must receive signed ballots from at least 20% of KEF members. If you are interested in joining the KEF board, please contact Bhrett Lash.