The Dads’ Club has been part of the Kensington Hilltop School for more than 60 years. The main objective of the Dads’ Club is to enrich our children’s educational experience by sponsoring and promoting extracurricular activities. Traditionally, this has been accomplished by co-sponsoring the Spring Carnival and sponsoring many Fall and Spring events. We assist in planning and carrying out physical logistics of the very popular annual Garden Party. We also provide support to the Kensington Hilltop staff, in the form of work parties to help enhance our classroom and campus environment. Work parties are a fun way to get together to help improve the school’s facilities. Overall, the men and women in the Dads’ Club contribute an estimated 700 person-hours annually to help make our school better for our children. Check out this article from the El Cerrito Patch to get an idea of what our work parties are like.
Additionally, The Dads’ Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7pm in the Multi-Purpose Room.
2018/2019 Key Dates:
- September 6th – Back to School Night (volunteers needed)
- September 25th – Dads’ Club General Meeting
- October 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting
- October 26th – PTA & Dads’ Club Movie Night
- November 27th – Dads’ Club General Meeting and GP Thank You
- February 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting
- March 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting & BBQ
- April 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting
- May 11 – PTA & Dads’ Club Spring Carnival
- June 1 – Dads’ Club, PTA, and KEF Appreciation Party
Despite its name, the Dads’ Club is open to all parents and teachers. No experience or tools are necessary!