- Projected enrollment for the 2019/20 school year
Each year the school district request a projected enrollment from each school site in order to facilitate planning for the next school year. Please fill out this survey letting us know whether or not your child will be returning to Kensington School next year. If your plans change before the next school year, please let us know as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Upcoming Events
Monday, Feb 11 – Friday, Feb 15 – Activity week
Monday Feb 18 – Friday Feb 22 – Presidents’ week holiday/No School
Tuesday, Feb 26 – Dads’ Club meeting 7PM and KEF meeting 8PM
Friday, March 1 – Read Across America book swap
March 1-29 – Registration for New incoming 1 -6 graders (First come first serve)
Thursday, March 7 – PTA meeting
Thursday, March 14 – Report cards distributed
Thursday, March 28 – Science Fair in the MPR
- About the KEF
What is the Kensington Education Foundation?
The Kensington Education Foundation (KEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established in 1983, with a mission of delivering academic enrichment programs to Hilltop students. The organization supports educational programs that supplement and extend the academic offerings funded by our school district. The KEF also provides financial resources to help Hilltop School mitigate the impact of changes to academic funding at the state and district level.
- Our next PTA meeting is March 7th! Please mark your calendars!
Thanks to the many of you who attended the Parent Education Night with a great presentation from Vicki Hoefle. We hope that you gained some helpful tools to bring resiliency into your family discussions. If you enjoyed this event, or participated in Multi-cultural Night, Family Math Night, or Movie Night, please consider pledging to support membership in our PTA, KEF and Dads’ Club! It’s not too late to join! Join all three organizations with just one membership fee.
School Spirit Wear is Here!
Did you know that we’re the Cougars and that our school is almost 100 years old? We’ll be turning 100 in 2025! Show your love with KHS Spirit Wear! Great to wear on field trips, during assemblies, at school events…anytime! Check out colors and designs on our website.
- Hello and Happy 2019!
The New Year is upon us, and The Dads’ Club is excited to invite you to the following events, so please mark your calendars!
- February 28th – Dads’ Club Social Night. Please join the Dads’ Club for a social gathering and a beer! We will hang out, talk, and discuss some of the upcoming school events and how the Dads’ Club will take part. The gathering will be at the Kensington Circus Pub on 389 Colusa Ave.
- March 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting & BBQ. Please gather your family and join us for a tasty hot dog BBQ. The festivities will be held in the schoolyard next to the MPR.
- April 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting. We will focus on planning for the Spring Carnival.
- May 11 – PTA & Dads’ Club Spring Carnival
- June 1 – Dads’ Club, PTA, and KEF Appreciation Party
- About Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the school principal and 8-10 parents, teachers and other staff selected by their peers, representing all segments of the school community for the common goal of supporting student success. The SSC does this by developing and monitoring the implementation of the schoolâ€™s plan known as the Single Plan for Student Achievement. The SSC also determines how certain funds received by the school for this purpose should be spent.
The SSC members are the principal; teacher representatives; other staff representatives; parents/other community representatives, and student representatives at the secondary level with each group selected by their peers.