- Kindergarten Orientation
Today at 12:45PM is Kindergarten Orientation. Location was changed to the MPR due to rain. Look forward to seeing you all this afternoon.
- Upcoming Events
Monday, May 27 – Memorial day holiday – no school
Tuesday, May 28 – Dads’ Club and KEF meeting
Friday, May 31 – 6th grade promotion ceremony
Friday, June 7 – Last day of school – noon dismissal
- About the KEF
What is the Kensington Education Foundation?
The Kensington Education Foundation (KEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established in 1983, with a mission of delivering academic enrichment programs to Hilltop students. The organization supports educational programs that supplement and extend the academic offerings funded by our school district. The KEF also provides financial resources to help Hilltop School mitigate the impact of changes to academic funding at the state and district level.
- Spring Carnival
Come join us at the Spring Carnival, Saturday May 11. You can pre-order tickets and get more information about the activities.
- Hello and Happy 2019!
The New Year is upon us, and The Dads’ Club is excited to invite you to the following events, so please mark your calendars!
- February 28th – Dads’ Club Social Night. Please join the Dads’ Club for a social gathering and a beer! We will hang out, talk, and discuss some of the upcoming school events and how the Dads’ Club will take part. The gathering will be at the Kensington Circus Pub on 389 Colusa Ave.
- March 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting & BBQ. Please gather your family and join us for a tasty hot dog BBQ. The festivities will be held in the schoolyard next to the MPR.
- April 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting. We will focus on planning for the Spring Carnival.
- May 11 – PTA & Dads’ Club Spring Carnival
- June 1 – Dads’ Club, PTA, and KEF Appreciation Party
- About Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the school principal and 8-10 parents, teachers and other staff selected by their peers, representing all segments of the school community for the common goal of supporting student success. The SSC does this by developing and monitoring the implementation of the schoolâ€™s plan known as the Single Plan for Student Achievement. The SSC also determines how certain funds received by the school for this purpose should be spent.
The SSC members are the principal; teacher representatives; other staff representatives; parents/other community representatives, and student representatives at the secondary level with each group selected by their peers.