- A sneak peek at what’s in store for the 2019-20 school year
- We will be introducing our new English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum – Teachers College Units of Study in Reading, Writing, and Phonics.
- A brand new logo will debut for the Kensington Education Foundation (KEF).
- Get out your spirit wear, or plan to dress your kids in our school colors (blue and gold) – Fridays will be “spirit days”.
- There will be a new K-3 music teacher.
Please don’t forget to claim your children’s “lost and found” items before you leave for the summer. The corridor outside the MPR is filled with clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc.
I hope you have a great summer Don’t forget to read every day, and fill out your “Kensington Never Stops Reading” record sheet. I’ll look forward to seeing you in August.
- Upcoming Events
Friday, June 7 – Last day of school – noon dismissal
Monday, July 1 – Parent access to Powerschool will be available. The district is requiring all families to have a PowerSchool account, so every year you can update your information and more importantly sign all required annual forms. The district is no longer printing the handbooks, it is all online and accessible through your powerschool portal. Please take the time during the summer and complete the annual forms.
Friday, August 16 – Class lists posted on MPR doors after 4PM
Monday, August 19 – First day of school – minimum day
- About the KEF
What is the Kensington Education Foundation?
The Kensington Education Foundation (KEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established in 1983, with a mission of delivering academic enrichment programs to Hilltop students. The organization supports educational programs that supplement and extend the academic offerings funded by our school district. The KEF also provides financial resources to help Hilltop School mitigate the impact of changes to academic funding at the state and district level.
- Spring Carnival
Come join us at the Spring Carnival, Saturday May 11. You can pre-order tickets and get more information about the activities.
- Hello and Happy 2019!
The New Year is upon us, and The Dads’ Club is excited to invite you to the following events, so please mark your calendars!
- February 28th – Dads’ Club Social Night. Please join the Dads’ Club for a social gathering and a beer! We will hang out, talk, and discuss some of the upcoming school events and how the Dads’ Club will take part. The gathering will be at the Kensington Circus Pub on 389 Colusa Ave.
- March 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting & BBQ. Please gather your family and join us for a tasty hot dog BBQ. The festivities will be held in the schoolyard next to the MPR.
- April 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting. We will focus on planning for the Spring Carnival.
- May 11 – PTA & Dads’ Club Spring Carnival
- June 1 – Dads’ Club, PTA, and KEF Appreciation Party
- About Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the school principal and 8-10 parents, teachers and other staff selected by their peers, representing all segments of the school community for the common goal of supporting student success. The SSC does this by developing and monitoring the implementation of the schoolâ€™s plan known as the Single Plan for Student Achievement. The SSC also determines how certain funds received by the school for this purpose should be spent.
The SSC members are the principal; teacher representatives; other staff representatives; parents/other community representatives, and student representatives at the secondary level with each group selected by their peers.