- Restock Hilltop – Fundraising Campaign
Please help Kensington Hilltop Elementary School restock school and emergency supplies lost to two instances of theft. Kensington parent groups are working with school and community leaders to address the loss and create a new strategy to address security concerns. Community members are invited to contribute generously to a GoFundMe campaign to replace stolen items and help fund a plan to prevent future thefts. Please consider that a well-prepared school makes a well-prepared neighborhood. Thank you!
- Upcoming Events
Monday, March 18 – Spring KASEP session starts
March 1-29 – Registration for New incoming 1 -6 graders (First come first serve)
Tuesday, March 26 – Dads’ Club and KEF meeting
Thursday, March 28 – Science Fair in the MPR
April 1-5 – Spring Break/ No School
Thursday, April 18 – Open House
- About the KEF
What is the Kensington Education Foundation?
The Kensington Education Foundation (KEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established in 1983, with a mission of delivering academic enrichment programs to Hilltop students. The organization supports educational programs that supplement and extend the academic offerings funded by our school district. The KEF also provides financial resources to help Hilltop School mitigate the impact of changes to academic funding at the state and district level.
- Hello and Happy 2019!
The New Year is upon us, and The Dads’ Club is excited to invite you to the following events, so please mark your calendars!
- February 28th – Dads’ Club Social Night. Please join the Dads’ Club for a social gathering and a beer! We will hang out, talk, and discuss some of the upcoming school events and how the Dads’ Club will take part. The gathering will be at the Kensington Circus Pub on 389 Colusa Ave.
- March 26th – Dads’ Club General Meeting & BBQ. Please gather your family and join us for a tasty hot dog BBQ. The festivities will be held in the schoolyard next to the MPR.
- April 23rd – Dads’ Club General Meeting. We will focus on planning for the Spring Carnival.
- May 11 – PTA & Dads’ Club Spring Carnival
- June 1 – Dads’ Club, PTA, and KEF Appreciation Party
- About Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the school principal and 8-10 parents, teachers and other staff selected by their peers, representing all segments of the school community for the common goal of supporting student success. The SSC does this by developing and monitoring the implementation of the schoolâ€™s plan known as the Single Plan for Student Achievement. The SSC also determines how certain funds received by the school for this purpose should be spent.
The SSC members are the principal; teacher representatives; other staff representatives; parents/other community representatives, and student representatives at the secondary level with each group selected by their peers.